Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Teaching in Lugoj

I would post some pictures today but as I took my first picture of this beautiful church across from the school my battery died. No problem I have a back up, oops it was dead too. Well I did bring my charger but of course it is in the house where I am staying. So no pictures.

Today in class the first group, the early learners, sang the abc song and the days of the week song. We also named many of the things on the room like desk, chair, book and so forth. It was fun as they were interested even when I could see that their heads were hurting from thinking so hard. We practiced answering in complete sentences. Like "This is a book."

The second group are more advanced. We did several exercises today. We did a verb tense study where they create sentences based on a picture that I showed them. We worked on expanding the sentences to make them more interesting. We also did an exercise called This or That where they have to choose one thing and tell you two reasons why. So now they say "I prefer Coke to Pepsi because Coke has more ....... you get the idea. So I am going to a bbq tonight and I promise to charge my batteries so that I can take some pictures tomorrow. If you want a challenge, go and find Lugoj on a map of Romania. I am going on Saturday to Sibiu so look for that one too. Have fun looking. Until later, la revedere (goodbye)

No comments:

Post a Comment