Wednesday, July 4, 2012

One of my classes

Here are the students from my first class. They are 12 years old and we are having a fun time. They are Elaina, Laura, and Staman. One has been studying English for 5 years and the other two have been studying for 7 years. They understand English very well but they are reluctant to talk. So, that is the plan, we are doing things where they have to answer me in complete sentences. It was hard today, the first day of class, to convince them that they really needed to answer in complete sentences. So just like Mrs. Nunes' class and Ms Del Duco's class they are also being required to answer in complete sentences. If you look on the table you can see the picture that we were using to do Verb Tense Study. They did it very well and by the end of the class they were no longer shy and willing to attempt to answer in complete sentences. I will share more pictures of the other 2 classes that I am teaching. Tomorrow, I will be going to a baseball practice with some local youths. It will be their first exposure to the game of baseball. I think I will teach them that the correct yell at a baseball game is "Let's go Dodgers" hehe to all of you A's and Giant's fans. I got here first!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you made them feel comfortable in answering you in complete sentences! They are brave students
    :-)

    ReplyDelete