Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The people of Roman

I thought I would share with you one of the families that have taken me into their hearts and homes. This family has taken me on long car trips each of the weekends to show me some of their country. This is Viorel. He is the one who has done all of the driving, taking me to many wonderful places here in Romania. He is one of the students in my afternoon class, and is working hard to learn English. Here we are eating tochitura at Hanul Ancutea (not sure that is spelled right) but it means the Inn of Anucta. The food was delicious.
This is Corina, Viorel's wife. She is also one of my students who attend the afternoon class. Here we are in front of some of the souvenir shops at Bicaz Gorge( the place that reminds me of Yosemite). She is my English translator for the group and makes sure that I know what is going on and takes care and worries about me.

And last but not least this is their son Corin. He has come along on both of the trips. He is one of my students in the morning classes. Here we are inside the salt mine at Praid. We are standing on rock that is full of salt. If you look closely you can see the salt running through the rock. The floors are very smooth and slippery. I want to thank this family for taking me into their lives and taking the time to show me around their country.
Talk with you all later.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I send you a few pictures and films from english classes, and I hope you get it, and like it. Tell me if you like it the photo with storks. I hope you answered to me. I like what you write about my family,and our trips.Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete