Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Check out the weather and some local food

Ahhh a wonderful Romanian dish called tochitura. I had it for lunch today. It is mamaliga, which is cooked corn meal, a fried egg on top of the mamaliga, some cheese on top of the egg and then some meat and a sauce. It is actually delicious. I know many of you are thinking YUCK but it tastes very good. If you look across the table you will see part of another tochitura dish. This is the plate of my dining companion. I met her on the tour of the People's house. She is originally from Iran, living in Spain, and working in Afganistan as an intrepreter for the Spanish military. She was in Bucharest for the day and was trying to see as much as she could. After the tour of the people's house I went with her to a couple of other places she wanted to see and I knew where they were. So here I am half-way around the world in a strange country acting as a tour guide. Who would believe that?


So here is a video taken from my balcony on Monday night. As you can see it was raining quite hard. It actually rained even harder later. It has rained at least a little almost every day. Thankfully, I was inside not out in this. It may be a little hard to actually see the rain but if you listen you can certainly hear it.

So all tomorrow (Wednesday) I get to pack up everything and get ready to move my base of operation to the city of Roman. Then on next Monday I start my teaching assignment. Talk with you all later.

Mark

1 comment:

  1. Totichura actually looks good. How many weeks will you be teaching? My students are interested in seeing pictures of the Romanian children. It's too bd the weather has been so bad. It's been in the 90's and 80's here and lots of sunshine. I'll try to send some your way. (lol) Good luck with your teaching assignment. I know you will do a great job!

    ReplyDelete