Friday, July 17, 2009

My classes

Ok first the quiz of the day. Since Mrs. Nunes' class did so well with figuring out the words on the front of the school, tell me what happens at the place in this picture. It is a spalatorie auto. So come on put on your thinking hats and figure it out. There is a special prize for everyone who figures it out.
Now what many of you have been waiting for, my classes. The first group here are the 7 and 8 years old. There were 22 of them in class today. They love to sing the itsy bitsy spider, and 1,2,3,4,5 once I caught a fish alive. These are the ones who will come to me and tell me all their problems in Romanian and then look at me like "of course you understand me you are a professor, you must understand." So take a good look everyone, yep they look and dress just like you Probably many of you looking at this right now are dressed just like this.
And now for the 9 and 10 years old. A smaller group and their English is much better. Again notice any differences? No they look just like you. We are having a great time, they are learning English and I am learning many more ways to make mysefl comprehensible to a non-English speaker. Talk with you all soon.

Mark

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark! My students all thought spalatori was a place where they fixed cars. The really enjoyed seeing your students and realizing they were the same. You have a really cute class. I'll try to take a picture and send it to you through e-mail so your classes can see them.

    ReplyDelete