Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My classroom

This is the classroom that I am teaching in while I am here in Roman. Notice the high stage at the front of the room and the teacher's desk placed right in the middle of the stage. Also notice the chair that I have placed on the floor so that I can be with the students. In one of my classes I have 18 students so the semi-circle is rather large. It is very funny when the students need to tell me something, they will come to me and talk to me in Romanian like I understand them. I mean why not all the adults in their life understand them so why not me. Sometimes I can figure out what they want, and sometimes not. But there is at least one universal that I have found. They dance the same way when they really have to go to the bathroom.
This is the hallway outside my door. The area down there houses the computer labs. It is a nice school.
Look out everyone this is the stairway down to the entrance. The students today went running and laughing and talking loudly out the front door. I went down stairs after them and the Director was there. She said everything must be going well since the students were so enthusiastic when they left. I did not tell her that maybe they were just happy to get away from me. I have to go now and teach my afternoon class. Hope you all are enjoying these little pieces of Roman and Romania.

Mark

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,
    I'm glad to hear/see that all is fine with you. Your pictures look like something I would expect to see in a movie. Keep the postings coming. Dennis and I leave Friday to visit Valerie in Florida so maybe you'll see us on her blog or on Dennis' blog.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark.
    My students laughed several times reading this one. They wanted to know if the first graders interacted with the high school students. They saw the stairs and thought that would be hard for the little kids. They also noticed they had chalkboards instead of white boards like we have. They saw you were teaching a homophone lesson on homophones with right and write and wondered if there were homophones in Romania. They were also curious who the bust in the hallway was of.We are really enjoying this experience. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete