Friday, July 25, 2008

My new home



Hi all from Sector 3 of Bucharest. The city is divided into 6 Sectors for administrative purposes and I am staying in an apartment that is in Sector 3. I took these pictures when I was out on my daily exercize, walking to the open air market up the street. It seems like many miles away but I am sure that if I had two good feet I could get there in like 3 minutes. In my current condition it takes me like 15 minutes to get there. I have three places that I have identified as resting places on the way there and while I am at the market. I get my Diet Coke, or Cola Light as they call it, there and some fruit. Although I can't get much at a time since I have to carry it all back with me. That can be a problem when your hands are busy helping you walk with the crutches. So, the first picture is of the apartment building, or block as it is called here, that I am staying in. I took it from across a parking lot on my way back from the market. The second picture is of the small park across the street where I spend some time sitting on the benches. The third picture is of the entrance to the building. My apartment is just to the right of the entrance, the rectangular window that you can see clearly is the window into my kitchen. Thankfully, the entrance does not have many steps to conquer. Many blocks here in Bucharest have seven or eight steps to climb to get inside, and the steps here are not disabled friendly. Inside the entrance there are four steps but they are not to hard to get up. Then just to the right is my door. So for the condition that I am in now, this apartment is perfect for me. I am feeling much better today, my foot does not ache and the swelling is almost all gone. Talk at you all later.
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment