Thursday, July 24, 2008

Coming home early



Hi all, here is a picture of my ankle in the splint to keep it immobilized so that the tendon has time to heal back where they have sewn it into place. Because of what you see above my touring has been terribly limited. There is an open air market and a few small stores not to far from my apartment that I manage to hobble down to on my crutches. I am not allowed to put any weight on my leg foot. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of hobbling around on crutches you have no idea how hard it is. I come back from the market exhausted and covered in sweat. So any touring kinds of activities like visiting museums or riding on the subway are out of the question. With this in mind I spent some time trying to figure out how to get Tarom Air and United to change my tickets but with no success. I finally went on line and found a flight from Bucharest to Amsterdam, then on the San Francisco with KLM. So even though it was a little expensive I booked it. Instead of heading home on August 7th I will come home on July 28th. I am hoping that I can sweet talk the flight attendants and get into business class or first class so the I can put my foot up. After a little while of having my foot down it starts to ache. So all a few more days here and then the end to Mark's Amazing Adventure, Version 2, teaching English and taking a trip through the Romanian Medical System. Talk at you all soon.
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment