Monday, June 30, 2008

Romanian Bar-B-Que






On Sunday I got to attend a bbq Romanian style. We went to a wooded area outside of Vaslui and had a great time. We ate mici (pronounced meech) a Romanian staple at the bbq. It is wonderful. We also had chicken, and steak and sausages. There were tomatoes and of course beer. I also got my first mosquito bites this year, which is great compared to last year. Last year there were so many in my room that i would go on a mosquito hunt every night. This year there have been none in my room, (shhhh don't tell the mosquitoes that I am here, maybe they don't know). The first picture shows the meat that was sacrificed for the bbq (the mici is on the left). There was plenty of it to go around. The second pic is of the area that we gathered. As you can see many people from Vaslui had the same idea. The video shows how they started the fire. A stack of wood and paper. They added some charcoal after the fire was blazing. When I told them that with my bbq I only turn on the gas and turn on the flame and it ignites they said yea but it does not taste as good without the wood flavoring. It is back to work today, Monday after 3 days off. We will see how much the beginners remember. Talk at you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment