Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Downtown Vaslui



So the rain stopped, and I walked downtown to "drink a juice". Here are some pictures from downtown.

The first is a look down one of the main streets. The people are out enjoying the fact that the rain stopped and for a while it was almost comfortable outside> The second pictures is in the main square of the city, in front of the city hall. The statue is of Stefan Cel Mare. Again the people are enjoying the fact that the rain stopped.

Class is still going well. The beginner class is starting to understand. The funniest thing is one of the students, when she does understand something she tells me what she understands in Romanian and thinks that I will understand. She did that about 5 times today. I just smile at her and shake my head. Actually there are many things they say that I understand and many things that I say that they understand. We worked on simple commands today like stand, sit, pick up, put down. Good Morning, Good afternoon, good evening and good night. We also worked on I see, I hear, I walk and other things like that. The advanced class is working on contractions, verb tenses asking questions and other things. I think everyone is having a good time and learning things.

Talk with you later and don't forget to post a comment, and yes Mom and Dad I got your comment.

2 comments:

  1. hey,
    i'm glad class is going good.
    see. you are a good teacher :)
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, next comment from S. Dak., we'll get there Sat., received Emily pics today.. cute granddaughter...love ya

    ReplyDelete