Thursday, June 25, 2009

Some follow up

Here are the plaster casts that were made from Trajan's column. Trajan, remember, is the Roman Emperor who defeated the dacians in the first century. The column was errected to commemorate the victory. It showed in the reliefs around the column the different highlights of the many battles in the war.
This is the CEC Bank building that I showed you the clock from yesterday. As you can see it is an amazing building.
And one last follow-up on the bicycle question. Here is a part of one of the roads here in Bucharest. How would you like to ride a bike on that? Kind of bumpy. Thunder and lightning here again tonight. There has not been much rain just a nice light and sound show. I tried to get a picture of the lightning last night but since lightning moves at the speed of light and my reactions are a little slower, it did not work so well. I will be going to Bran, where Dracula's castle is located on Saturday. Oh yes and one more thing. I have managed to not kick any soccer balls so far this trip. Talk later.
Mark

2 comments:

  1. It's good to be able to finally log in. I have read everything you have written. It is so interesting. I was glad to read you have not kicked any soccer balls. We do want you bck in one piece. I am very interested in Braun' castle. I learned some about it when I looked up back round information for Bunnicula which one group read this past year. Out weather here will reach triple figures inland this weekend. The CEC building is amazing. I think European architecture is the most beautiful and interesting in the world. I look forward to following your adventures and learning a lot about Romania in the process. Take care!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when you will be at the web cam. I looked at 10:00 this morning but you weren't there. I would like my class to be able to see you next week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete